Another non-invasive treatment offered by Advanced Health and Wellness Center to help our patients who suffer from cellulite and lose skin is the Lipo-Light. This advanced slimming and toning technology is the latest treatment for non-invasive body contouring.
Simple to use, completely safe and hygienic, the Lipo-Light delivers effective results in just one 20-minute treatment. The Lipo-Light energizes the fat cells, causing pores to open quickly draining the contents, naturally slimming, shaping and toning those problem areas including the waist, hips, thighs and upper legs and arms.
What is Lipo-Light?
Lipo-Light is a light emitting diode (LED) system specifically designed to contour the body by losing inches in circumference off specific body areas (waist, hips, thighs, arms, neck). The light emitted causes the fat cell membranes to temporarily alter the permeability of the cell. This brief change allows the fat contents to seep out from the cell into the interstitial space from where it can be processed by the lymphatic system.
What happens to the fat?
After being released, triglycerides are broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol and enter the blood stream. Once in the blood stream, several things may occur:
1) Some of the free fatty acids are readily available to be used as fuel by the body during exercise.
2) What is not consumed as energy will get to the liver where it will either be oxidized or re-processed for storage. It is unknown how much gets oxidized versus re-stored, but results suggest that fat does indeed get oxidized (no visible or measurable redistribution of fat in the treated areas)
What results can I expect?
Individuals have lost anywhere from two inches to six inches over a course of treatments. To maximize the chances of your clients responding, three things are important:
1) As a rule, sick clients should not be treated. Wait until the condition has improved. Clients who have a condition listed in the contraindications document should not be treated.
2) Hydration is critical. Drink plenty of water (ideally at least 8 glasses of 8 oz. of water) spread out throughout the day. Diuretics (coffee, alcohol, etc.) are discouraged.
3) The lymphatic system should be mobilized. Post treatment exercise is essential. The client must be encouraged to be active and burn 350 calories every day during their choice of cardio exercise.
Clients usually require 9 sessions for maximum results but recommendations vary based on body type, weight, and target loss areas. Whole-body vibration sessions can help the body naturally dispose of the released fat more quickly, as can injections of vitamin B-12.
For more information on our Lipo-Light Treatment call (330) 590-4034 today.